Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Calendar


 It's that time of year again...back to work.  As much as I hate to see the summer end, I'm glad to have been called back.  Last year I used a color theme throughout my room...black, white and pink.  This year, I've decided to go with an ocean/beach theme.  So, I decided to make a few things for myself and the room.  Today's project is a calendar that I made for myself.  I keep one on my desk all the time, and it's always been something plain (and cheap).  As you can see, not plain...but pretty cheap.

I printed off some free calendar pages I found online, and used my YourStory to bind them together in one of the YourStory "leather" binders.  This one is 8 1/2 by 11.  After binding and letting it cool, I got busy decorating.  All of the images on the front were cut using my Cricut and the Life is a Beach cartridge.  Of course, I used my Gypsy to plan it and make sure everything was cut to the correct size and would fit before cutting. 

Once assembled, I added some stickles to make it really shine.  These pictures just don't do it justice, it is sooooo pretty in person.  Now I think I'll make myself a post-it holder to match, and maybe pretty up my hand sanitizer as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment